The Google Maps app for iOS 2.0 was finally released, just one week after the Android version hit the market.
You can now find it available in the App Store and take advantage of maps that are tablet friendly and work on the iPad Mini and iPad.
The main point that was discussed during the launch of the application is the fact that it works perfectly on the Apple tablets, thus bringing in a much needed experience to users.
The iPad Google Maps App allows users to:
- use GPS navigation or details about public transport to reach the destination.
- read local reviews offered by experts or trusted friend when looking for a location.
- use Street View to see inside many museums, restaurants and other points of interest with 360-degree Street View
- browse through maps available for 200 countries, and read information about 100 million places of interest.
- and much more…
New features added to the Google Maps app include:
- a special design for the iPad
- navigation is enchanced – incident reports and live traffic update included
- Explore – a feature that will allow you to discover local places to drink, shop, sleep, eat and so on
- expert Zagat content included
- Google Offers included
- Indoor maps available for airports, shopping centers and various places of interest.
- iPhone 3GS
- iPhone 4
- iPhone 4S
- iPhone 5
- iPod Touch (third, fourth and fifth generation)
- iOS 6.0 or later
If you want to try the app, you can do so from the Apple Store HERE for free.
Tell us if you do and let us know what you think.
And be sure to Like, G+, Tweet and Pin this page to pass this info along to your friends!