Cashback sites have been around for quite some time, but for most of us, myself included, they seemed to be too much of a hassle for too little of a profit.
But with so many people shopping online and many of these sites being revamped and expanded, it seems things have changed.
Yes, you still have to shop through the cashback site to earn rewards, but it is much more straight-forward and the savings have grown.
As consumer-savings expert Kyle, from Rather-Be-Shopping, recently explained to us, shoppers can really save and make money using these sites.
The key is knowing which ones give you a maximum return with the least amount of effort (because your time is just as valuable as your money) and which sites work with the stores you frequently shop at.
And I can help you with that because Kyle, after extensive research, came up with a list of the top cashback sites- and now I’m going to pass that list on to you, along to tips and tricks to help maximize savings. You can see his article and all his findings here
The Top Cashback Sites
Here is a rundown, courtesy of Kyle, of the top 8 cashback sites and the best rates they give you by store:
• Amazon.com: up to 10% back at TopCashback
• American Eagle Outfitters: 5% back at BeFrugal
• Best Buy: up to 3% back at ShopAtHome
• Dick’s Sporting Goods: 9% back at Ebates
• Groupon: 9% back at Ebates
• Home Depot: 6% back at CouponCabin
• GAP: 8% back at TopCashback
• JCPenney: 12% back at Ebates
• Jet.com: up to 5% back at SwagBucks
• Kohl’s: 4% back at BeFrugal and TopCashback
• Lands’ End: 4% back at BeFrugal and TopCashback
• Lowe’s: 6% back at TopCashback
• Macy’s: 9% back at Ebates
• Nike: 12% back at Mr. Rebates
• Rite-Aid: 6% back at MainStreetSHARES
• Sam’s Club: 3% back at BeFrugal
• Sears: 4% back at BeFrugal
• Target: 2% back at SwagBucks (2 SBs for every $1 spent)
• Walgreens: 4% back at TopCashback
• Walmart: 6% back at TopCashback
Even if the amount you get back is relatively small, over time it will add up- and all you had to do to get it was buy stuff you were buying anyway.
So if you love Amazon check out TopCashBack and if you live for Macy’s go with Ebates.
• Double up with coupons.
Many of these sites allow you to use coupons, so you can double your savings and really get your money’s worth, so check before buying.
What do you think of our list of top cashback sites?
Do you think they are worth your time and effort?
Let us know your opinion below and be sure follow all my latest consumer news reports on Twitter!