On April 25, 2015, I informed my readers of the dangers of Dynamic Pet Products’ Real Ham Bones.
Now, just over a year later, a story has surfaced about a Florida woman’s dog dying less than 48 hours after giving him a Real Ham Bone.
And the company still insists that its product is healthy.
Back in March of this year, Lori Beaupre of Naples, Florida, gave her 10-year-old dog Charlie a Real Ham Bone made by Dynamic Pet Products.
The next morning, Charlie was lethargic and vomiting. Beaupre took Charlie to an emergency veterinarian for a diagnosis.
The emergency vet took X-rays of Charlie’s abdomen and discovered shards of Real Ham Bone stuck in his intestines.
Beaupre paid $2,600 for emergency surgery to remove the bone shards, but Charlie didn’t make it.
The Better Business Bureau of Missouri has received so many complaints regarding Real Ham Bone that it wrote letters to the FDA and all of the U.S. senators asking for something to be done about the product.
When asked, the FDA wouldn’t confirm or deny that an active investigation was being conducted regarding Dynamic Pet Products, but that they have worked with the BBB in Missouri and advise against giving dogs bones of any kind.
Dave Frick of Dynamic Pet Products emailed the BBB of Missouri saying:
“Simply put; there is not a safer natural pet chew bone than our product.”
If Real Ham Bones are the safest chew bone on the market, how come stores across the nation are pulling them from their shelves, and they aren’t even available for purchase from the company’s own website anymore?
Has your dog fallen ill or passed away after chewing on a Real Ham Bone by Dynamic Pet Products? Let me know in the comments, and then share this with your family and friends.