Today is the running of the 136th annual Preakness race at Pimlico Race Track. Post time for the second jewel of the Triple Crown is 6:20 pm.
Running in the Preakness today are some of the best thoroughbreds from all around the country. The contenders, in order of post position are:
1. Astrology is ridden by Mike Smith and holds 15-1 odds.
2. Norman Asbjornson, ridden by Julian Pimentel comes in at 30-1 odds.
3. King Congie brings in 20-1 odds and is ridden Robby Albarado.
4. Flashpoint, ridden by Cornelio Velasquez, also carries 20-1 odds.
5. Shackleford is being ridden by Jesus Castanon and is running with 12-1 odds.
6. Sway Away brings in 15-1 odds and is ridden by Garrett Gomez.
7. Midnight Interlude jumps in with 15-1 odds and is ridden by Martin Garcia.
8. Dance City rolls in at 12-1 odds carrying Dominguez.
9. Mucho Macho Man comes in at 6-1 odds and is ridden by Rajiv Maragh.
10. Dialed In, ridden by Julien Leparoux, carries 9-2 odds.
11. Animal Kingdom, today’s favorite at 2-1 odds, is ridden by John Velazquez.
12. Isn’t He Perfect carries 30-1 odds and jockey Edgar Prado.
13. Concealed Identity also comes in with 30-1 odds and is ridden by Sheldon Russell.
14. Mr. Commons is ridden by Victor Espinoza and carries 20-1 odds.
General Admission Tickets for the infield can be purchased at the gate for $50 each. Infield Mug Club tickets are available at the gate for $70 each. No other tickets are available for purchase today.
Anyone attending the Preakness today should be aware that no outside beverages of any kind will be allowed at the track. Food will be allowed but must be in clear containers. Coolers no larger than 28″L x 15″W x 17″H are permitted on the infield only. All bags, coolers, and containers are subject to search.