Pope Francis will visit the U.S. starting this Tuesday (September 22nd) and News For Shoppers has your complete viewing guide to all the events.
The Pope will arrive in Washington D.C. on Tuesday at 4 P.M. (EST), then head to NYC on Thursday and finish up in Philadelphia on Saturday.
During the Papal visit he will make a stop at the White House, address a joint session of the Congress, lead a multi-religious service at the 9/11 Memorial and Museum, host a World Meeting of Families and more.
You can see all the information for traffic and street closings here .
Here is everything you need to know, including TV channels free live streaming options and his complete schedule:
TV Schedule: Time Warner Cable (TWC) will air 24-hour coverage on their special Papal Visit Channel on 199.
Free Live Streaming: Free live streaming is available from several sources:
On your computer you can live stream through the TWC website , EWTN (Global Catholic Television) , Catholic TV or The United States Conference of Catholic Bishops website
All services are free and open to the public, but the TWC site and app are for subscribers only.
There are also additional streaming options listed on the schedule below.
Radio: You can listen to all the events on WMIH-FM/89.5/92.1 Catholic Radio, in conjunction with Eternal World Television Network Radio.
Schedule of Events:
Tuesday, 22 September:
• 4 P.M. – arrival at Joint Base Andrews, Washington, DC.
Wednesday, 23 September:
• 9: 15 A.M. – visit to the White House, to meet President Barrack Obama
• 11 A.M. – tour of 15th Street, Constitution Avenue, 17th Street NW, the Ellipse and the National Mall
• 11:30 A.M. – canonization mass of Junipero Serra at Basilica of the National Shrine of the Immaculate Conception
Thursday, 24 September (Washington, DC, and New York):
• 9:20 A.M. – address joint session of Congress (Live stream at Speaker)
• 11:15 A.M. -visit to St. Patrick in the City to bless and speak to clients and homeless who gather for lunch provided by St. Maria Meals Program of Catholic Charities.
• 4 P.M. – appear at Joint Base Andrews set off for New York
• 5 P.M. – arrives at John F. Kennedy International Airport, New York
• 6:45 P.M. – Evening Prayer (vespers) at St. Patrick’s Cathedral (to be live streamed on Saintpatrickscathedral)
Friday, 25 September (New York):
• 8:30 A.M. – address to the United Nations General Assembly and interaction with United Nations staff (to be live streamed at UNWEB TV)
• 11:30 A.M. -lead multi-religious service at 9/11 Memorial and Museum, World Trade Center
• 4 P.M. – meet students of Our Lady Queen of Angels School, East Harlem
• 5 P.M. – greet New Yorkers at Central Park
• 6 P.M. – mass at Madison Square Garden
Saturday, 26 September (New York and Philadelphia):
• 8:40 A.M. – at John F. Kennedy International Airport to leave for Philadelphia
• 9:30 A.M. – arrival at Atlantic Aviation, Philadelphia
• 10:30 A.M. – mass at Cathedral Basilica of Sts. Peter and Paul, Philadelphia. The Mass is for local parishioners and those with personal invitations.
• 4:45 P.M. – meet public at Independence Mall
• 7:30 P.M. – visit to the Festival of Families on Benjamin Franklin Parkway where Italian tenor Andrea Bocelli and Colombian pop star Juanes will perform
Sunday, 27 September (Philadelphia):
• 9:15 A.M. – private meeting with cardinals, bishops, and seminarians at St. Martin’s Chapel, St. Charles Borromeo Seminary
• 11 A.M. – visit to Philadelphia’s largest prison Curran-Fromhold Correctional Facility and meet with inmates, families and prison staff
• 4 P.M. – mass for the conclusion of the World Meeting of Families
• 7 P.M. – interaction with organizers, volunteers and benefactors of the World Meeting of Families
• 8 P.M. – departure for Rome
Will you be watching the Pope’s historic visit?
Tell us how you feel about these events and be sure to follow all my latest TV and streaming reports on Twitter.