NYC is hosting a ticker-tape parade for the World Cup Champion U.S. women’s soccer team this Friday, June 10, and News For Shoppers has all the details.
For those who want to watch from the comfort of their own home we have everything you need to know, including TV information (time & channels) and free live streaming options.
We also have a list of street closings, no-parking areas, exit closings and possible MTA changes for anyone planning to attend or traveling in that area tomorrow.
TV Information: Parade coverage begins at 11 A.M. (EST) on ABC, NBC, Fox Sports 1 and ESPN.
The parade is expected to last about an hour, followed immediately by a ceremony at City Hall; the ceremony will also be covered on TV on the channels above.
It will be hosted by Robyn Roberts and former soccer star Heather Mitts; the parade will feature floats, marching bands… and LOTS of confetti.
Free live streaming: free live streaming will be available on PC’s through NBC.com and WATCH ABC and on tablets and smartphones using the NBC app for iOS and Android or the WATCH ABC app for iOS and Android.
These services are free, but users will need to sign in using a participating cable provider.
Street Closings/No-Parking Areas/ MTA Changes:
• Street closings will begin on Broadway (and the surrounding area) at around 10:00 A.M. (EST)., before the start of the parade.
• “No Parking Areas” will be in effect beginning at 12:00 a.m., Friday, July 10, 2015 for the areas in and around the parade route.
• Any cars not moved will be towed; If your car is towed, call 311 for more information.
• The Brooklyn Bridge (Manhattan Bound) Centre Street exit and the Park Row entrance to the Brooklyn Bridge will both be closed during the duration of the parade. Access to the Brooklyn Bridge will be available via the Frankfort Street/Pearl Street entrance.
• The MTA will have train service changes, and may close certain subway entrances and exits in the area. Due to street closures, many MTA buses may be re-routed. Visit the MTA website for any additional information.
• Deliveries will be restricted for all businesses and residences in the area from Thursday, July 9, at 10:00 P.M. (EST) until Friday, July 10, at 5:00 P.M. (EST).
• Pedestrians will be able to cross Broadway at the following locations: Exchange Alley (Eastbound only), Wall Street-Rector (Westbound only), Cedar Street, Cortland Street/Maiden Lane, Fulton Street, Reade Street, and Leonard Street.
Will you be watching the NYC ticker-tape parade for the U.S. women’s championship soccer team? Tell us where and how you’ll be watching below.