For Bravo fans the holiday season has officially started – our favorite housewives are making their return to the network.
Andy Cohen has rewarded us with yet another season of the Real Housewives Of Atlanta. This season we were introduced to a new housewife, who seems to be setting herself up as the new villain of the show. Here are some of the highlights from the premiere episode:
– The new housewife in town is crazy in a good way. Her name is Kenya Moore, and she seems to have compiled every reality show villain and compiled it into one personality.
– Sweetie is working for Kim again, which means all is right in the world. It was rumored that Sweetie was employed at Target while not working with Kim. Maybe Target doesn’t have a “you can smoke a Newport in the garage” policy. Kim is also being evicted by the decorator, and property owner, featured in her spin off “Don’t Be Tardy For The Wedding”.
– Kandi is dating one of the Bravo camera men and she seems to be in love. She met him while filming in Africa last year, and now the couple is talking marriage and children. Kandi invited Kim over to see her new home, and the awkward tension could be cut with a cotton ball. The amount of irony in Kandi giving Kim a tour of her palace – as Kim is literally being booted from hers – is not lost on anyone. The two end up in passive aggressive exchange the entire time.
– Cynthia hosted the Jet Magazine search for the next “Jet Beauty” at her modeling agency. She invited Kenya to help judge the models, and we get our first look into the insanity that is Kenya Moore. Let’s just say, these two won’t be exchanging Christmas gifts this year.
– Phaedra Parks still has her heart set on giving “fabulous burials” to the dead. Only this year she isn’t stopping at humans. Phaedra’s new career venture is pet burials.
– Nene Leaks is, as we all know, very, very rich. The best moment of the episode happens during a lunch date between Ryan Murphey and a Berkin toting Nene. She tries to impress Ryan with a phone call to Tyler Perry, and ends up being greeted by an operator telling her that the number has been disconnected. You can take the girl out of the south, but you cant take the south of Lanethia Leaks.
If the premiere episode of The Real Housewives of Atlanta is anything like the rest of the season, then we have a lot to look forward too.