The moment boxing fans have been waiting years for will finally take place this Saturday, May 2nd when Manny Pacquio takes on Floyd “money” Mayweather at the MGM Grand Arena in Las Vegas.
The fight, which is expected to take place around midnight, is being billed as the must-see event of the year and while some fans will watch through HBO PPV many are eager to find a great spot to watch all the action and cheer on their favorite fighter.
Plus, there are several other big sporting events taking place throughout that day including game 2 of the Rangers/Capitals hockey playoffs (12:30 P.M. EST), the Yankees/Red Sox game (1:30 P.M. EST) and the Kentucky Derby (6:24 P.M. EST).
To help you find the right location (and the right price) to watch all the action we’ve come up a with a list of some of the best bars and restaurants in the NYC area, all at different price points. We’ve also included links and where to get tickets if necessary :
• Legends, 6 W. 33rd St: This tri-level bar is showing all the day’s events and there is no cover-charge except to watch the fight, which is $30.
• Slate, 54 W 21st St: They are showing all the days events and a $20 cover charge gets you admission to The Derby and the fight. Tables starts at $600 for 4-6 people, with $5,000 knockout package for $20 people. Go to slateny.cravetickets.com.
• Louie and Chan, 303 Broome St: This is an Italian Restaurant with an Asian Inspired downstairs lounge. They will show the fight on 3 flat-screen TV’s and are charging $50 for tickets at eventbrite.com. They will have an open bar from 10-11 P.m. (EST) that includes snacks such as mini lamb meatballs and wild mushroom turnovers; after 11 P.m. (EST) there will be other drink and food specials.
• Marquee, 289 10th Ave: Marquee is partnering with Bonce Sports Club to host a viewing party that will include DJ Mel Debarge. Bounce is supplying and several TV’s to show the fight and food. Cover charge is $40, with VIP tables available starting at $2,500. Go to marqueeny.com for details.
• Jay Z’s 40/40 Club, 6 W.25th St: They will be hosting a standing-room open bar from 9-12 P.M. (EST) for $200, with tables starting at $500 for 2 people. Reservations are advised: firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Brother Jimmy’s, 181 Lexington Ave. and 116 E. 16th St: There are 2 locations for this bbq restaurant/bar and each will be showing the fight with just a $10 cover charge. Go to brotherjimmys.com
What do you think of these deals? Tell us below