Bethesda has just announced that patch 1.9 is now available for console versions of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim. The new patch will fix a number of bugs and breathe new life into Skyrim by removing the character’s level cap.
Level 81 and Beyond
The new update will allow the players to individually reset any of their skills back to level 15. These low-leveled skills will no longer encumber the player’s ability to gain experience and increase their character’s overall level.
Early reports suggest that players will still be able to gain Health, Magicka or Stamina each time they level up.
It has also been reported that skills can be reset multiple times. At this stage it appears that the level cap has been completely removed.
Bethesda has also added a new difficulty level to the game. The new Legendary difficulty will provide players with an all new challenge to match their new found strength. This new difficulty will presumably help players gain experience faster by providing more challenging enemies.
A number of instances which caused the game to crash or become less playable have also been fixed in Skyrim 1.9. The patch includes fixes for a number of unfinishable quests, un-droppable items and problematic characters and locations.
The patch also changes some other elements of the game:
- The player can now craft Imperial Light Armour,
- The Nord Hero Bow can now be improved,
- There are now guards on the upper levels of the Kings Palace,
- Problems with the Investor and Ancient Knowledge perks are now resolved,
- Issues with the Matching Set and Custom Fit armor perks not working on certain armor types are also resolved,
- And the glitch which enables players to quickly max out their perks by reusing the Oghma Infinium has now been removed.
The Skyrim 1.9 update is currently available on the Xbox 360, PS3 and Steam.
The original Bethesda blog on the update features a full list of changes and is available here.
Are you excited by the new patch? Will this make you pick up Skyrim again? Have you ever put Skyrim down? Tell us your thoughts below.