*Update* Since writing this article Blue Bell has issued a 3rd, more comprehensive recall, which you can view here.
After finding more listeria contaminated products from its Oklahoma plant Blue Bell Creameries has expanded it’s recall from last month.
Below is a complete list of the recalled items, which now includes 7 new flavors of ice cream, some sherbets and half gallon and pint servings.
All these products were made between Feb. 12 to March 27 at the same plant and were shipped to over 20 different states in the U.S.
Blue Bell released a statement on Tuesday, making it clear that they were doing this as a precautionary measure and that no illnesses have been reported.
According to the CDC listeria, which causes food poisoning in individuals, can be potentially deadly to the very young, the elderly, those with a compromised immune system and pregnant women.
If you didn’t eat any of the tainted products, but have them in your possession, the CDC advises that you thoroughly wash contaminated areas.
Several doctors we spoke with recommend that you should go immediately to the ER if you’ve eaten a tainted product and experience any of the following symptoms: stomach cramps, muscle cramps, diarrhea, fever and chills.
Symptoms can appear anywhere from a few days to a few weeks after eating a tainted product.
Anyone who is concerned can contact the FDA at http://www.fda.gov.
Here is a list of the new recalled items:
• Ice Cream Banana Pudding pint
• Ice Cream Butter Crunch pint
• Ice Cream Mint Chocolate Chip pint
• Ice Cream Cookies ‘n Cream pint
• Ice Cream Homemade Vanilla pint
• Ice Cream Dutch Chocolate pint
• Ice Cream Moo-llennium Crunch pint
Sherbet Pint: UPC # 0 71899-19990 8
• Rainbow Sherbet pint
Sherbet Quarts: UPC # 0 71899-18992 3
• Orange Sherbet quart; Code Date 032617S
• Mixed Berry Sherbet quart; Code Date 032717S
3 ounce Tab Lid Cup: Product # 136
• *institutional/ food service cup only
• Rainbow Sherbet
Gold Rim Half Gallon: UPC # 0 71899-03720 0
• Ice Cream Homemade Vanilla half gallon
• Brown Rim Half Gallon: UPC # 0 71899-83548 6
• Ice Cream Pistachio Almond half gallon
Light Half Gallon: UPC # 0 71899-73501 4
• Ice Cream Homemade Vanilla Light half gallon
What do you think of this latest recall? Share your thoughts with us below.