The 2015 NYC St. Patrick’s Day Parade takes place this Tuesday, March 17th and is not only the oldest, but the grandest St. Patrick’s Day parade in the world.
News For Shoppers has everything you need to know, including the parade time, TV info, free live streaming options and street closings.
Parade Time: 11 A.m. (EST) on NBC. Parade Route: The route is over one and a half miles long and runs along 5th avenue from 44th to 79th street.
To access these sites you will need to log in using a participating cable provider.
Street Closings: The following streets will be closed from 11 A.M. (EST) to 5 P.m. (EST):
• 5th Avenue between 29th Street and 44th Street
• 5th Avenue between 86th Street and 79th Street
• Madison Avenue between 63rd Street and 64th Street
• Vanderbilt Avenue between 43rd Street and 46th Street
• 44th Street and 45th Street between Vanderbilt Avenue and 6th Avenue
• 46th Street to 48th Street between Park Avenue and 6th Avenue
• 63rd Street and 64th Street between 5th Avenue and Madison Avenue
• 80th Street to 85th Street between 5th Avenue and Madison Avenue
The parade has been an annual tradition since the 1760’s and is unique because there are no floats or cars- everyone marches on foot through the parade route, which takes 4 hours to complete.
Marchers include various marching bands, college bands, firefighters, social clubs and more.
Timothy Cardinal Dolan is the Grand Marshall and as always the 69th Infantry Regiment will lead the procession.
Will you be watching the 2015 NYC St. Patrick’s Day Parade? Share your thoughts on the parade with us below.