Google is celebrating the download of the 10 billionth Android app. The celebration includes putting select apps on sale for $.10 each. Up for grabs at a dime each today are Tetris, Reckless Getaway, ADWLauncher EX, Blue Skies Donation Wallpapper, Homerun Battle 3D, Talking Tom Cat 2, Space Physics, Can Knockdown 2, Kids Learn to Read (Preschool), and Toki Tori.
According to the Android Market website, there will be different deals each day for 10 days. The 10 day countdown started earlier this week and will continue for about another 8 days. The deals will be listed at here.
According to Google, Android app downloads continue at about 1 billion per month.
Google also released some interesting facts about app downloads:
– Sundays at 9 PM is the most popular time to download an app, 4 AM Monday morning the least.
– Games are the most popular category of downloads, claiming 25.6% of the field.
– The US comes in fourth place in the number of apps downloaded per capita. We were beat out by (in order) South Korea, Hong Kong and Taiwan.
– About 12,000,000,000 miles are navigated in Google maps every year.
– and the 10 billionth app that was downloaded was…. Photobucket Mobile.
Apple announced back in July that their users had downloaded 15 billion apps at that point. Google expects to eventually overtake them. It might not take long.