Target released its list of top holiday toys for 2013 today including exclusive items, a new online portal for finding kids’ favorite gifts, and help in gift sleuthing from a former CIA officer.
Its list this year includes deals on electronics, video games, and sporting goods, as opposed to years past when only toys were highlighted.
Examples of Target exclusives this year include a Razor Lighted-Wheel A Scooter,Beats Solo On-Ear Headphones, and a LeapFrog LeapPad 2 Disney Princess Enchanted Bundle. (Additional Target exclusives and top toys for the 2013 Christmas season are listed at the end of this article.)
Target’s selection of must-have holiday toys and kids’ gifts will be featured at Target.com/KidsGifts. Thousands of products will be listed with options for sorting by brand, age, gender, or character.
Target says its annual kids’ gift catalog “will arrive in homes and on Target.com in early November and will feature more than 400 items throughout the store, including toys, sporting goods, electronics, entertainment items, apparel and accessories.”
Coupons and special deals will be offered in the catalog for additional savings on the top holiday toys and kids’ gifts this season.
All kids’ gift catalog items will ship for free from Target.com through November 27, 2013.
Target Redcard guests receive an extra 5 percent off of catalog prices both in store and at Target.com.
The retailer has also paired up with a former CIA officer to develop intelligence that will aid families in determining what their children really want for Christmas. Former CIA officer and mother Jonna Mendez is serving as Kids’ Gift Detective this year. She’ll offer family-friendly tips and techniques for getting kids to reveal their true wish list favorites. Shoppers can view a video series with popular mom bloggers putting techniques to the test with kids at ABullseyeView.com.
Scott Nygaard, senior vice president of merchandising at Target said, “Before parents can start shopping for holiday gifts, they need to solve the puzzle of what their kids want most – which often extends beyond the toy aisles.”
He added, “Target offers guests tools to build their lists, including a dedicated online portal, our annual kids’ gifts catalog and the Kids’ Gift Detective, who brings some lighthearted fun to list building.”
According to Target, it partnered with manufacturers to pinpoint “the hottest kids’ gifts for the season.”
This year that includes brands such as Barbie, Beats, LeapFrog, Monster High, NERF, Razor, and Xbox.
Target’s Top Kids’ Gifts list, below, is broken down by age and encompasses items for boys and girls:
9 Months to 3 Years
- Disney Sofia The First 10″ Doll (Target Exclusive)
- Fisher-Price Little People Disney Princess Klip Klop Stable
- Furreal Friends Cuddles My Giggle Monkey
- Sesame Street Big Hugs Elmo
4 Years to 6 Years
- 4-pk. Disney Planes Die-Cast Gift Set (Target Exclusive)
- LeapFrog LeapPad2 Disney Princess Enchanted Bundle (Target Exclusive)
- Imaginext Justice League Javelin (Target Exclusive)
- Disney Frozen Anna Doll and Toddler Dress Gift Set (Target Exclusive)
- Angry Birds Go Pirate Ship
- Fisher-Price Octonauts Octopod Play Set
- Kidtrax SRT Viper 6-Volt Ride-On Car
- Lalaloopsy Loopy Hair Doll
- LEGO Friends Downtown Bakery
- Barbie Dream House
- MEGA Bloks Hot Wheels Super Stunt Test Facility
- Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles R/C Shellraiser
7 Years to 9 Years
- Monster High Power Ghouls Doll (Target Exclusive)
- 6-pk. Marvel Titan Heroes (Target Exclusive)
- Razor Lighted-Wheel A Scooter (Target Exclusive)
- 2-pk. Skylanders Swap Force (Target Exclusive)
- LEGO Chima Equilas Ultra Striker (Target Exclusive)
- Transformers Predacons Rising Electronic Predaking Dragon (Target Exclusive)
- Furby Boom
- NERF Elite RapidStrike CS-18 Blaster
- Hot Wheels Triple Track Twister
- Flutterbye Flying Fairy
Kids’ 10 Years and Up
- Air Hogs Atmosphere
- Beats Solo On-Ear Headphones
- PlayStation 4
- Samsung Galaxy S4
- Spy Gear Panosphere 360 Spy Cam
- Xbox One