After months of teasing, Insomniac Games, the developers of the Ratchet and Clank series, has finally released the long awaited mobile title “Ratchet and Clank BTN” (Behind the Nexus) for smartphone and tablet devices.
Now out on both the Google Play and iOS App Stores, BTN is a companion application for Ratchet and Clank ITN, the previously released PSN title.
However, the actual game mechanics are wildly different from what fans of the series have come to expect; though this departure from the series norm should really come as no surprise, especially to those of us who have played any of the hundreds of poorly executed “companion” apps that have been released thus far.
It’s a Running Game
In essence, BTN is a basic infinity running game (think subway surfer), with the twist being that it is instead taking place in the Ratchet and Clank universe.
With the gameplay itself being exactly what you would expect from a title in this genre, the real grab of BTN is the treasure trove of unlockable goodies that are available for transfer over to it’s older PS3 brethren.
- Characters from the all new Ratchet and Clank: Nexus PS3 game.
- Sync Raritanium picked up in Ratchet and Clank: Before the Nexus with the PS3 version of Ratchet and Clank: Nexus.
- Exciting endless grindrail/running action! Jump between rails to avoid hazards.
- Classic weapons from the Ratchet and Clank franchise including the Buzz Blades, Predator Launcher, and R.Y.N.O.m
- Purchase gadgets using collected bolts to extend gameplay even further! Thwart your foes with the Tornado Launcher or send them into a funk-induced craze using the Groovitron.
Download Ratchet and Clank BTN from the Google Play Store.
Download Ratchet and Clank BTN from the iOS App Store.
Are you going to download and play Ratchet and Clank BTN?
Does it live up to your expectations?
Could they have done more than a basic running game?
Please let us know in the comments section below.