The 2016 NYC Marathon takes place this Sunday, November 8, which means traveling in and around the 5 boroughs is going to be a nightmare for most of the day.
For those who have to travel, here are the bridge and street closures, along with the closing times.
The upper level will be closed starting at 11 P.M. EST on Saturday and re-opens around 3 P.M. EST on Sunday. The lower level will be closed Sunday, from 7 A.M.-3 P.M. EST in both directions.
The bridge will be closed from 8 A.M.-3:05 P.M. on Sunday.
The lower level on the Queens and Manhattan sides will be closed from 7 A.M.- 3:45 P.M. on Sunday.
Willis Avenue Bridge
The bridge will be closed from 8:45 A.M.- 5 P.M. on Sunday.
Madison Avenue Bridge
The bridge will be closed from 8:30 A.M.- 5 P.M. on Sunday.
Below are the street closures, by borough. Times are approximations based on when racers will be in the area.
BROOKLYN (approximately 7 A.M.- 3 P.M. EST)
• Dahlgren Place between Verrazano Bridge and 92nd Street (Northbound)
• 92nd Street between Dahlgren Place and 4th Avenue
• 4th Avenue between 92nd Street and Flatbush Avenue
• Flatbush Avenue between 4th Avenue and Lafayette Avenue
• Lafayette Avenue between Flatbush Avenue and Bedford Avenue
• Brooklyn Queens Expressway (Southbound) between Verrazano Bridge and 79th Street
• 7th Avenue between 79th Street and 75th Street/Bay Ridge Parkway
• 7th Avenue between 74th and 75th Street/Bay Ridge Parkway
• 74th Street between 6th Avenue and 7th Avenue
• 6th Avenue between 74th and 75th Street/Bay Ridge Parkway
• Bay Ridge Parkway between 7th Avenue and 4th Avenue
• Fort Hamilton Parkway between 92nd Street and 94th Street
• 94th Street between Fort Hamilton Parkway and 4th Avenue
• Bedford Avenue between Lafayette Avenue and Nassau Avenue
• Nassau Avenue between Bedford Avenue/Lorimer Street and Manhattan Avenue
• Manhattan Avenue between Nassau Avenue and Greenpoint Avenue
• Greenpoint Avenue between Manhattan Avenue and McGuiness Boulevard
• McGuiness Boulevard between Greenpoint Avenue and 48th Avenue (Southbound)
QUEENS (approximately 8 A.M.- 3:30 P.M. EST)
• 48th Avenue between 11th Street and Vernon Boulevard
• Vernon Boulevard between 48th Avenue and 10th Street
• 10th Street between Vernon Boulevard and 44th Drive
• 44th Drive between 10th Street and Hunter Street
• Hunter Street between 44th Drive and Crescent Street
• Crescent Street between Hunter Street and Queens Plaza South
• Queens Plaza South between Crescent Street and 23rd Street
• Queens Plaza North between Crescent Street and 23rd Street
• 23rd Street between Queens Plaza South and Queens Plaza North
MANHATTAN (approximately 8:45 A.M.- 4:30 P.M. EST)
• East 59th Street between 59th Street Bridge and 1st Avenue
• 1st Avenue between East 59th Street and Willis Avenue Bridge
• 60th Street between 1st Avenue and 2nd Avenue•
• Madison Avenue Bridge
BRONX (approximately 8:45 A.M.0 5 P.M. EST)
• East 135th Street between Willis Avenue and Alexander Avenue
• Alexander Avenue between East 135th Street and East 138th Street
• East 138th Street between Alexander Avenue and Morris Avenue
• Morris Avenue between East 138th Street and East 140th Street
• East 140th Street between Morris Avenue and Rider Avenue
• Rider Avenue between East 140th Street and East 138th Street
• East 138th Street between Rider Avenue and Madison Avenue Bridge
MANHATTAN (9 A.M.- 6:15 P.M. EST)
• 5th Avenue between 138th Street and 124th Street
• 124th Street between Madison Avenue and Mount Morris Park West
• Mount Morris Park West between 124th Street between 120th Street
• 120th Street between Mount Morris Park West and 5th Avenue
• 5th Avenue between 120th Street and 90th Street
• 90th Street between 5th Avenue and East Drive (Central Park Southbound)• East Drive between 90th Street and Grand Army Plaza
• Grand Army Plaza between East Drive and Central Park South
• 59th Street between 5th Avenue and Columbus Circle/8th Avenue/Central Park West
• Central Park Driveway/8th Avenue Approach to West Drive
• West Drive between 8th Avenue Approach and 96th Street Approach to West Drive
• 96th Street Approach to West Drive
• 67th Street Approach to West Drive
In addition, the following streets will closed all day Sunday (7 A.M.- 6 P.M. EST) for the Marathon Family Reunion area.
• Central Park West between 59th Street and 96th Street
• Columbus Avenue between 85th Street and Broadway
• 60th Street to 64th Street between Central Park West and Broadway
• 65th Street to 77th Street between Central Park West and Columbus Avenue
• 81st Street to 85th Street between Central Park West and Columbus Avenue
• Broadway between Columbus Avenue and Columbus Circle