Easter is this Sunday, April 5th, so News For Shoppers has compiled a list of store openings and closings to help you figure out where to find what you need, from last minute essential to a bite to eat.
The information provided is for the tri-state area (New York, New Jersey & Connecticut), but many of the chain stores listed will be closed nationwide so check where you live before venturing out.
We have also included store hours when possible.
· Restaurants- In the tri-sate area the following food services will be closed in most areas: Pizza Hut, Taco Bell, Hardee’s, KFC, McDonald’s, Quiznos, Popeyes, Wendy’s & Chik-fil-A.
· Department Stores- The following stores will be closed in most locations: Suburban malls in New Jersey, Connecticut and Long Island, Target, Best Buy, Costco Wholesale, JC Penney, Kohl’s, BJ’s, Nordstrom, Office Depot, Office Max, Publix, Staples, Sports Authority & ALDI.
· Restaurants- In the tri-sate area most restaurants will be open for the holiday and many have holiday specials. Call your local restaurants ahead of time for a reservation and to confirm they are open.
· Rite-Aid/Duane Reade/Walgreens- Most locations will be open. Please note store hours may be limited and pharmacies may be closed or limited in their hours as well, so call your local store to find out.
· Department Stores- The following stores will be open at most locations for the holiday (call for store hours and locations): Kmart, The Home Depot, Trader Joe’s, Walmart, Lowe’s, Old Navy, Bed, Bath & Beyond, Toys ‘R’ Us & Advanced Auto Parts. Also, Woodbury Commons will be open from noon-6 P.M. (EST).
Please not that more stores may decide to open or close over the next few days: we will update as that information becomes available so check back with us.
What do you think of stores being open on the holidays? Weigh in with your opinion below.